Death In Candlewood is a psychological FPS heavily influenced by the gothic fiction of Edgar Allan Poe and classic horror films. A love story between the living and the dead, the game plunges its player into the gloomiest and most ghoulish corners of 1940s America.
A LITTLE BIT OF CONTEXT
Death In Candlewood spans a single night in the life of Ray Dune, a doctor whose relationship with reclusive psychiatrist Lester Caravan has reached a deadly crisis point. When his vulnerable adopted son Rizzo mysteriously disappears, Dune is forced to act. Navigating the dark paths of Candlewood Mountains and a terrifying onslaught of inhuman assailants, Dune sets out on a desperate bid to save himself and his son from the bloody machinations of a madman.
Though Death In Candlewood is played mostly from a first person perspective it is not a traditional FPS. You’ll drive cars and motorbikes, swim through deep waters, use uncommon weapons and face uncommon enemies as you unravel a dark and twisted romance.
Key features include:
● Top-notch visuals and performance immersing the player in a psychological horror FPS influenced by Edgar Allan Poe and classic horror films
● Lush environments and unique settings, from 6km² of shadowy mountain ranges to 4km² and over 1,000 buildings in the town of Candlewood, which can be walked, stalked, driven or swum through
● Innovative genre with mainly FPS mechanics plus role playing customisation, stealth elements and third person POV for driving a range of vehicles
● Buy and upgrade your ammunition, health, equipment and weaponry
● Citizens of Candlewood and characters you encounter throughout the game each have with branching, reactive dialogue and randomised events
● Range of animal, human and monstrous enemies, each wielding unique weapons
● Reactive and intelligent AI which respond realistically to any situation
● Combat system incorporating line-of-sight and noise sensor mechanics
● Slow-motion cinematic dodge manoeuvres for close range melee combat
ROSEBUD NEEDS YOU!
Death In Candlewood is a true labour of love. Rosebud Games have been developing the game for over two years, paying the development costs ourselves and putting as much time into the project as our busy schedules allow. Death In Candlewood is now around 60% complete, but Rosebud’s time and money have run out. We need your help!
If you like what you see on this site, and if you’d like to help bring Death In Candlewood to life, please visit our Kickstarter page here and donate if you can!